If you’ve been thinking about automating your manufacturing process but funding is holding you back, now might be the time to investigate if your company is eligible to access an Australian Government grant through the Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority (SICP) grant program.
After closing in 2021 when fund allocations were exhausted, the Federal government has announced a further $81.4 million dollars in Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority (SICP) grant funding. Applications opened on April 12, 2022.
Automated Solutions Australia (ASA) is committed to supporting Australian businesses to upscale their manufacturing processes and cement their sovereign capability. We design and engineer innovative robotised solutions that help our customers improve their competitive position within their given market. Our solutions are designed with a focus on improving throughput, quality, and productivity, whilst providing a quick return on investment, and removing workers from potentially hazardous tasks.
Grant Priorities & Eligibility
The Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority (SICP) grant program is designed to provide eligible SME’s with grants of up to $1 million for projects that align with Defence’s Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities. Funding may include purchase of:
- buying, leasing, constructing, installing or commissioning of capital equipment including specialist software to enhance cyber security
As they relate to the above activities, this can also include:
- design, engineering, and commissioning activities
- workforce training and accreditations.
The Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities (SICP) include:
- Collins Class submarine maintenance and technology upgrade
- Continuous shipbuilding program
- Land combat vehicle and technology upgrade
- Enhanced active and passive phased array radar capability
- Combat clothing survivability and signature reduction technologies
- Advanced signal processing capability in electronic warfare, cyber and information security, and signature management technologies and operations
- Surveillance and intelligence data collection, analysis, dissemination and complex systems integration
- Test, evaluation, certification and systems assurance
- Munitions and small arms research, design, development and manufacture
- Aerospace platform deep maintenance
- Robotics, Autonomous Systems, and Artificial Intelligence
- Precision Guided Munitions, Hypersonic weapons, and Integrated Air and Missile Defence Systems
- Information Warfare and Cyber Capabilities
The grant amount awarded will be up to 50% of eligible project costs, with a minimum of $50,000 over a maximum grant period of 30 months.
If you’ve been thinking about automating your manufacturing process with robotics, our automation experts can work with you to design and innovate a world class solution for your facility. We’d be more than happy to provide a quotation to support any application for Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities (SICP) grant funding.
If you are interested in finding out if your company meets the eligibility criteria for SICP grants, or have any questions about the SICP grant funding itself, please visit:
If you’d like to talk to one of our automation experts about a quote to support your grant application, please call us on 1800 ROBOTS or fill in the enquiry form below